Most college degrees look the same except for the university logo at the top. Your degree doesn't say where your spent your time or what issues you are passionate about? That's where your UO Advantage record comes in. It shows how you used your time outside of the classroom and what makes you stand out from your peers.
Tips on making a strong record:
- Participate in experiences in all 10 learning goal areas.
- Pull up your record when meeting with an advisor, they can help you explore new opportunities.
- Record notes about experiences; focus on areas you feel like you grew.
- Consider being assessed in a learning areas.
- Participate in experiences that compliment your course work so you can apply what you are learning.